The regular flu shot contains dangerous substances, including mercury, formaldehyde and phenol.
Dr. Mercola has never used any anti-flu medication in his life yet he has never gone down with the flu in over 20 years. Here are his simple ways to avoid all types of flu:
* Optimize your vitamin D levels - Mercola believes that vitamin D deficiency is likely the real culprit behind the seasonal nature of the flu. If you experience flu-like symptoms, you can take 50,000 units of vitamin D3 per day for three days to help treat the infection.
* Optimize your intake of Omega-3 fats - The omega-3 fats DHA and EPA help enhance your immune system and are crucial in maintaining good health.
* Avoid Sugar and Processed Foods - Sugar is a natural enemy of your immune system. It may be present in foods you may not suspect, like processed fruit juices, so it would be wise to avoid processed foods of all kinds.
* Beat Stress - Manage your stress levels because stress wears out your body physically and emotionally, leaving you susceptible to disease.
* Rest - Don’t take your body for granted. It will be harder for you to beat the flu if you’re always tired or fatigued.
* Wash your hands regularly - Proper washing of hands will help reduce your risk of getting sick from communicable diseases like the flu. Avoid touching your eyes and nose when your hands are dirty or if you’ve come in contact with a sick person.
* Exercise - Your circulation and blood flow increases when you exercise and allows the components of your immune system to spread out better, increasing its chances of detecting and fighting an infection before it spreads.
* Eat garlic - Garlic has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.